8th Sep 2021, 12:30 to 13:30
Pump Court Chambers Public Law Children Team are pleased to announce our latest webinar, providing a valuable and in-depth update. The webinar will review the recent case law and judicial guidance, providing advice for practitioners on a variety of topics.
Topics will include:
- Consideration of the law applicable to the issue of male circumcision of a child subject to an interim care order (Re P (Circumcision: Child in Care)  EWHC 1616);
- Joinder of foster carers to care proceedings (Re R (Care Proceedings: joinder of foster carer) EWCA Civ 875);
- Adoption by step-parents (Re L (A Child: Step-parent adoption)  EWCA Civ 801) and same-sex former partners (Re E (Adoption by one person)  EWFC 45);
- Recent Court of Appeal clarification as to the legal test applicable to the discharge of care orders (Re TT (Children: discharge of care order)  EWCA Civ 742);
- Duty of care owed by Local Authorities to children voluntarily accommodated (YXA v Wolverhampton CC  EWHC 1444);
- Recent and upcoming practice tools.
Why should you book on the course / what you will learn?
The seminar will provide an overview of recent decisions in the public law arena, to help you have the latest case law at your fingertips, as well as highlighting other recent and upcoming developments that will help to increase efficiency in your busy practice.
To register your place on the course please click here and fill out our online form. If you have any other queries please don’t hesitate to contact Sean Collum on 020 7427 7088 or via email email@example.com
Due to an expanding workload Pump Court Chambers’ specialist public law children team are looking at recruiting practitioners at all levels of call. For further information please click here.