More than four years after the Brexit referendum the UK finally left the EU on 31st December 2020, signalling the biggest change in international family law in over two decades. In International Care Cases Post Brexit, Corinne Iten explores the issues that now arise in public law cases with an international element, give an overview of the new legal landscape and outline ways to navigate through it.
– 1996 Hague Convention & Brussels IIR
– Transitional provisions
– Transfer of proceedings
– Recognition and enforcement
– Assessment of carers outside the jurisdiction
Why should you watch this webinar? What will you learn?
– When the ‘old’ regulations still apply
– How to approach cases where Brussels IIR no longer applies
– How to identify issues early and take steps to avoid delay
For a copy of the slides which accompany the webinar please click here.
If you have any queries in relation to the themes discussed in the webinar for counsel please don’t hesitate to contact Sean Collum on 020 7427 7088 or via email email@example.com