21st July 2020
In this lunchtime webinar, Jennie Swan and Naima Asif review the most recent case law and guidance on the topic of International Child Abduction, including a discussion on the impact of the recent pandemic on the legal landscape.
Topics covered include:
- A review of recent appellate cases, including;
– Re I-L (Children)(1996 Hague Convention: Inherent Jurisdiction)  EWCA Civ 1956
– Re H (Abduction: Retention in Non-Contracting State)  EWCA Civ 67
– Re S (A Child – Hague Convention 1980 – Return to Third State)  EWCA Civ 352
- Discussion of the recent Supreme Court decision In the matter of NY (A Child)  UKSC 49
- The impact of Covid-19
To download a copy of the handout which accompanied the webinar please click here.
If you like any further information on our Child Abduction team please contact our clerking team via our switchboard on 020 7353 0711 or email:email@example.com