Our team specialises in cases involving Health & Safety, Transport, Maritime, Inquests & Inquiries, Environment, Licensing and Parole Board hearings.
On Health & Safety, our experience covers both fatal and non-fatal accidents, including manslaughter, gross negligence manslaughter, breaches of the Health & Safety at Work Act and the full range of workplace regulations. We represent concerned families and interested parties of accident victims, victims of suicides, misadventure, deaths arising during police operations and armed forces personnel killed during service.
Our team defends and prosecutes in cases involving noise pollution, revocation of waste operator licences, fly tipping and cases of environmental pollution involving hazardous substances. We are also able to conduct appeals to the Planning Inspectorate against the revocation of licences. Members of our team can also provide specialist knowledge of matters affecting rural communities.
- Companies and individuals in proceedings brought by the Health & Safety Executive.
- Vehicle operators in proceedings before Traffic Commissioners.
- Private hire vehicles and hackney carriage owners.
- Those charged with road traffic offences.
- Those whose vehicles who have been seized by the UK Border Agency.
- Those charged with offences arising from the Merchant Shipping (Accident Reporting and Investigation) Regulations 2005.
- Interested parties at Coroners’ Courts.
- Interested parties at inquiries.
- Prisoners at Parole Board hearings.
- Those facing confiscation of assets in civil proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act and those prosecuting on whether assets can be seized and restrained.