No fault divorce delayed but set to arrive in the UK in April 2022 with many calling it the biggest change to divorce law in England and Wales for over 50 years. It is a movement that started back in 1996 with the repealed Family Law Act, culminating with the Divorce Dissolution and Separation bill gaining Royal Assent on 26th June 2020, ending years of campaigning to end the ‘Blame Game’.
Following up from last years No-fault divorce webinar, we start 2022 with the next step. Tara Lyons and Samara Brackley will provide an up to date overview of the timetable, proposals and key changes.
This training session will cover:
– The background to the Divorce Dissolution and Separation Act 2020 (the Act)
– The legal framework and a closer look at the relevant provisions in the Act.
– The timetable for the provisions coming into effect.
– The key changes to the divorce/ dissolution process including:
* The grounds for divorce- a statement of irretrievable breakdown in the marriage.
* Who can issue- sole/ joint applications
* New terminology
* The application process including the online portal.
* Procedural changes including service
* Standard and disputed cases
To access a copy of the slides which accompanied the webinar, please click here.
Why you should watch this webinar? What will you learn?
Why, when and how practice and procedure will be overhauled.
If you have any questions in relation to the issues raised in this webinar please don’t hesitate to contact our clerking team on the details below.
Senior Family Clerk
T. +44 (0)20 7427 0612
First Junior & Dedicated Family ADR Clerk
T. +44 (0)20 7427 7082