No fault divorce delayed but set to arrive in the UK in April 2022 with many calling it the biggest change to divorce law in England and Wales for over 50 years. It is a movement that started back in 1996 with the repealed Family Law Act, culminating with the Divorce Dissolution and Separation bill gaining Royal Assent on 26th June 2020, ending years of campaigning to end the ‘Blame Game’.
Following up from last years No-fault divorce webinar, we start 2022 with the next step. Tara Lyons and Samara Brackley will provide an up to date overview of the timetable, proposals and key changes. This training session will cover:
– The background to the Divorce Dissolution and Separation Act 2020 (the Act)
– The legal framework and a closer look at the relevant provisions in the Act.
– The timetable for the provisions coming into effect.
– The key changes to the divorce/ dissolution process including:
* The grounds for divorce- a statement of irretrievable breakdown in the marriage.
* Who can issue- sole/ joint applications
* New terminology
* The application process including the online portal.
* Procedural changes including service
* Standard and disputed cases
Why should you book on the course? What will you learn?
Why, when and how practice and procedure will be overhauled.
To register for the webinar please click here and fill in the online form. If you have any questions in advance for counsel or any other queries please don’t hesitate to contact Sean Collum on 020 7427 7088 or via email email@example.com