Pump Court Chambers Inheritance, Wills and Probate Team in association with Solicitors for the Elderly – South Central is pleased to announce our annual round of seminars providing valuable and in-depth afternoon sessions for practitioners. The group will review notable decisions and provide practical analysis and advise designed to give an up to date overview of all key issues and update delegates on law, practice and procedure.
- The Holiday Inn, Telegraph Way, Morn Hill, Winchester, SO21 1HZ (map).
- 13:00 – 13:45 – Registration / Lunch
- 13:45 – 14:15 – Ilott v Blue Cross in the Supreme Court – “[An] unconscionable time” coming – A discussion of this important and long awaited judgment covering its significance in defining the approach to claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, the quantum of claims for provision limited to maintenance and more.
- 14:15 – 14:45 – ADR and Inheritance Disputes
- 14:45 – 15:15 – Roberts & Milbour v Fresco  EWHC 283 (Ch) – A recent case dealing with the personal nature of a 1975 Act claim, with analogies to the jurisdiction under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 and with the jurisdiction to vary nuptial trusts.
- 15:15 – 15:30 – Tea / Coffee Break
- 15:30 – 16:00 – Valuing the Divorce Hypothesis – A comprehensive update and exploration of current issues in the quantification of provision under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 and the proper application of that hypothetical provision under the 1975 Act.
- 16:00 – 16:30 – TOLATA – An overview and update on recent cases under the Trusts of Land Act with particular emphasis on issues which are likely to come up in tandem with claims under the 1975 Act.
- 16:30 – 17:00 – Inheritance Act 1975 Updates – A review of the recent jurisprudence under the 1975 Act covering topics including options to purchase as a remedy and the status of NHS pensions under s.8 of the Act.
- £50 for SFE members
To register please complete the form below. Then forward a cheque for £60 made payable to Pump Court Chambers to the following address: Pump Court Chambers, 3 Pump Court, Temple, London, EC4Y 7AJ.
If you require any further information then please contact Sean Collum on 020 7353 0711 or via email email@example.com with your query.
For SFE members please complete the below form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a cheque made payable to Solicitors for the Elderly – South Central to the following address: Moore Blatch LLP, 48 High Street, Lymington, SO41 9ZQ.