Pump Court Chambers is pleased to announce our inaugural Cardiff Inheritance seminar, providing a valuable and in-depth for all practitioners at intensive aftrenoon sessions.
The Group will review notable recent decisions and provide practical analysis and advice designed to give an up to date overview of all key issues and update delegates on law, practice and procedure.
- The Captains Suite, Cardiff City Stadium, Leckwith Road, Cardiff, CF11 8AZ (map).
- 13:30 – Registration / Lunch
- 14:00 – Seminar Commences
- 15:20 – Refreshment Breaks
- 15:50 – Seminar Recommences
- 16:50 – Q&A Session
- 17:00 – Seminar Concludes
- The Inheritance and Trustees Powers Act 2014 one year on
- “Cohabitees” an expanding jurisdiction? Kaur v Dhaliwal WTLR  1381, Swetenhan v Walkley  8
- The Cohabiting divorcees do they qualify? Chekov v Fryer  EWHC 1642
- Capacity & Knowledge and Approval: the common law tests v the MCA 2005 Walker & Anor v Badmin & Ors.  WTLR 493.
- Issues surrounding the capacity of litigants Dunhill v Burgin (1&2)  UKSC 18
- Conduct and adult children: Wright v Waters  WTLR 353.Preserving the status quo- a cautionary tale: Williams v Seals & Ors  WTLR 34
- ADR and the Mediation of Claims arising out of Wills, Probate and Inheritance.
- £50 + VAT for fully qualified solicitors
To register please complete the online registration form and if applicable, please send a cheque for £50 + VAT made payable to Pump Court Chambers to the below address: Pump Court Chambers, 3 Pump Court, Temple, London, EC4Y 7AJ.
If you require any further information then please contact Sean Collum on 020 7427 7106 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org with your query.