We are delighted to announce that we are able to offer 2 new services in financial remedies cases at Pump Court Chambers – Private FDRs (or ‘early neutral evaluation’) and IFLA approved arbitrations.
All financial remedies practitioners will be familiar with the high rate of settlement that can be achieved through the FDR process but settlement is highly dependent on the expertise and experience of the FDR judge and the time available to the judge and parties during the process.
Under our Private FDR / Early Neutral Evaluation service:
- The parties can select an evaluator with experience and expertise in this area. All at Pump Court Chambers offering this service are specialist practitioners and many sit as part time judges or arbitrators.
- A suitable venue can be chosen which allows for a more informal process with refreshments and space for private discussions.
- There is no delay – the Private FDR can be arranged before court proceedings have been started, at any stage of those proceedings or as part of an arbitration process
- The evaluator will have read and prepared the case in advance of the meeting.
- The parties will have a full day to conduct the FDR ‘hearing’ and then to continue their discussions and negotiations.
- The evaluator will continue to be available throughout the day to provide further guidance and assistance.
- If further time is needed on a different day, the parties can elect to continue the Private FDR without being reliant upon court listing.
Arrangements for a Private FDR can be made very quickly. For example, if the court has adjourned or vacated an FDR hearing at short notice, arranging a Private FDR is one way to ensure that all the preparation work and fees already incurred are put to good use.
The barristers within Chambers that offer this service are:
- Leslie Samuels QC (Recorder sitting at the Central Family Court, IFLA Arbitrator and ADR civil mediator)
- Edward Boydell (Recorder)
- Geoffrey Kelly (Recorder)
- Mark Dubbery (ADR civil mediator)
- Annie Ward (IFLA Arbitrator, ADR civil mediator)
- Andrew Grime (ADR civil mediator)
We are happy to offer a fixed fee quotation for the Private FDR service. For further information please contact our senior family team clerk, Tony Atkins, on 020-7373-0711 or firstname.lastname@example.org