Tony is our Senior Clerk here at Pump Court Chambers. He leads experienced, friendly and highly professional clerking and administrative teams and is responsible for ensuring that we deliver a first-class service to all of our clients.
With more than 20 years’ experience in clerking, Tony understands better than anyone the complexities and subtleties of matching clients to the most appropriate representation and of supporting barristers to perform at their very best.
Tony’s role is to provide the environment and resources that allow our barristers to excel and has done this consistently for over 15 years. This includes taking responsibility for Pump Court’s operational management, business development and overseeing the implementation of Chambers’ strategy. He works closely with our head of chambers and the leaders of each of our specialist teams, ensuring that our clerks have a detailed understanding of the expertise and experience at their disposal, whilst also ensuring that our barristers and pupils continue to develop professionally.
Tony invests considerable time in building and maintaining client relationships, recognising that supporting existing clients is every bit as important as cultivating new ones. He regularly meets with clients and has played a leading role in developing Pump Courts’ innovative fee structures and direct access offer. His approach and leadership have contributed significantly to Pump Court’s reputation for excellence among peers and to our positive listings in professional directories.
Listings and testimonials:
- “Superb” … “nothing is too much trouble” Legal 500, 2017
- “They are efficient and helpful. Tony and Charlotte, in particular, will go out of their way to make instructing them easy and deal with all queries very efficiently” Chambers & Partners 2018
- Clients appreciate Tony and show this with their feedback. They say that he is 'on the ball', 'a pleasure to deal with' and 'a great asset to Chambers' Senior Partner
- "Tony and his team provide a first-class clerking service; he matches the right barrister to the right client, ensures the administration runs smoothly and is always helpful with bespoke fee agreements. Chambers would not be the same without him." feedback from a Director, Law Firm
- "The Clerks Team in London really does deserve a mention as they really are a great advertisement for Pump Court." Directories
- "Tony is dynamic and efficient. He is very professional in his dealings throughout, yet at the same time remains personable. He 'knows his client' and the Counsel that we generally use and will try and make them available if possible." Director, Law firm.
- "Tony has a very clear knowledge of his area, courts and our cases etc. Furthermore, I feel Tony is very fair on fees and is always flexible in relation to how matters are dealt with. His fee quotes are very consistent." Partner, Law firm
- ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Barrister’s Clerks – UMD Professional.
- Winner of Institute of Leadership and Management Learner of the Year Award in 2015. Tony was Highly Commended in the Awards and one of only five award winners worldwide.
Tony is married with four boys. Time permitting, he enjoys playing football, cricket and golf.