Michael has recently appeared as a leading prosecution Counsel in cases for The Flying Squad, The Middle Market Drugs Project, The Kidnap Squad, Operation Trident and Central Fraud. These have included multi-handed armed robberies, Class A drugs importations and supplies, shootings and kidnappings.
Other prosecution work includes a number of attempted murders, cases of serious fraud and money laundering, rape and child abuse (including one involving allegations of witchcraft attracting inevitable media interest).
He has also defended across the spectrum of criminal cases. Recent cases of note include a conspiracy to murder, a number of death by dangerous driving cases, conspiracies to supply Class A drugs and cases of serious violence.
- Operation Shido: Operation Trident 7-handed kidnap and robbery
- Operation Tulip: 3 handed gangland attempted murder
- Operation Canopus: 9-handed conspiracy to steal surrounding the theft by means of “Ledbury”-style burglaries and their subsequent use in commercial burglaries
- Operation Culminate: SOCA prosecution in relation to sizeable passport “factory”
- Operation Angeln: Flying Squad prosecution of 9 offenders for series of 36 armed robberies
- Operation Lucida: Blackmail following purported kidnap (and associated bank fraud)
- R V Anamo: 10 years for Possession of Firearm with intent to endanger life (and possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply)
- Operation Magma: “Canoeist”-style life assurance fraud following faked death and relocation of perpetrator, a man with four different identities
- Operation Carica: Sale of Firearm
- R v Archer: Rape of two young boys in toilet of fast food restaurant of a Sunday lunchtime
- R v Onwugbufor: Child abuse case arising from permanent scarring of young child allegedly the victim of Witchcraft