Lucy regularly appears in the county court for interim hearings and trials involving personal injury for both claimants and defendants. She accepts cases on a CFA basis where appropriate. Prior to pupillage, Lucy worked for a year for a senior barrister on complex and high value personal injury matters, gaining in-depth experience in drafting, advisory work, and technical elements of related procedural and costs law.
Lucy Plumpton - Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
Year of call: 2013
Areas of specialism:
- Administrative and Public Law
- Business and Commercial
- Children Private Law
- Court of Protection
- Employment and Discrimination
- Family Finance
- Inheritance, Wills and Probate
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Having competed internationally in Taekwon-Do, Lucy enjoys all types of martial arts-based fitness. She is also keen on surfing, windsurfing and kayaking (in warm climates) and Southeast Asian cuisine.
- Expert Evidence: Law and Practice (4th edition) - Researched and wrote the first draft for a new Court of Protection Chapter.