Frank has an extensive practice in criminal and civil law, including negligence fraud, landlord & tenant and animal welfare.
He is well known for his powerful advocacy, his humanity and kindness and is extremely well liked for his consolatory and dignified approach to his duties to the court as well as being tenacious in the interests of the client. He has long experience in resolving disputes and political issues at the bar in particular membership of the Bar Council fees committee helping to pioneer the introduction of the graduated fee system for legal aid. Of the matters in which he has mediated, all have come to a successful conclusion.
In crime his work covers the whole range of serious offences, both for defence solicitors and the Crown Prosecution Service in the Crown Court and the Court of Appeal. He is a senior Jury Advocate and has been involved in some of the major and more newsworthy trials on the Western Circuit and in London.
Inquiries and Inquests
Recorder of the Crown Court since 1991, a qualified Arbitrator & Mediator. He lectures for the College of Law and other outside training organisations on advocacy teaching advocacy to barristers on the western circuit, in Malaysia and Mauritius. For Netley Police Headquarters he gives courses to new recruits on matters of law and evidence gathering. Frank’s interest in Animal Litigation sees him regularly giving lectures to the VAAJ.
- BA (Nottingham)
- Qualified as an arbitrator 1994
- ADR trained and accredited mediator, 1999
- Frank’s interest in Animal Litigation sees him regularly giving lectures to the VAAJ.
- As an active member of the Western Circuit he has been involved in advocacy training for pupils (trainee barristers) for a number of years.
- He also lectures for the College of Law and other outside training organisations on advocacy.
- For Netley Police Headquarters he gives courses to new recruits on matters of law and evidence gathering.
- He has taught advocacy to barristers on the western circuit and abroad in Malaysia and Mauritius.
- Frank enjoys travelling in France, the theatre including amateur dramatics, sport, wining and dining.