Emily is Door Tenant at Pump Court Chambers.
As a criminal practitioner, she has undertaken Crown Court trials as well as Magistrates’ Court work. Emily is able to provide assistance with paperwork, reviewing disclosure, analysing evidence and preparing schedules for longer trials.
From 2005 - 2008 Emily was a Senior Legal Advisor at Ofgem, in the Consumer Protection and Environmental Affairs Department.
- Advising on primary and secondary legislation and regulations, including environmental legislation, consumer protection legislation and legislation covering the supply of energy.
- Working with other Government departments to draft legislation and consider issues arising from the renewable energy market and consumer protection legislation.
- Working with stakeholders (energy suppliers and consumer protection bodies) to write the supply licences for the supply of gas and electricity and deal with any issues arising from the gas and electricity market (including compliance with supply licences).
- Advising internally on wide-ranging legal issues, including compliance and environmental issues.
- Establishing internal guidance on the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and advising on FOI matters.