Christopher's practice covers a broad range of chancery, commercial and property related work including professional negligence and insolvency. Christopher also has considerable experience of finance related litigation having been instructed in a number of cases relating to interest rate hedging products, tax avoidance schemes and other failed investments.
He is recognised in the Legal 500 2017 as a Leading Junior in the Commercial, Banking, Insolvency, Chancery and Property categories and is described as being approachable with a can-do manner, very good at reassuring clients, a straightforward and direct advocate who always understands the commercial drivers of a dispute and calm under pressure.
Christopher has been accredited as a mediator by ADR Group since 2008 and has conducted numerous mediations.
Christopher's recent cases include:
- High Court proceedings alleging that an auction contract had not been validly rescinded and/or claiming the return of the deposit; Solid Rock Investments UK Ltd –v- Reddy  EWHC 3043 (Ch)
- An application for an interim injunction restraining the appointment of a receiver by a developer/option holder. Ongoing proceedings claiming damages for breach of the option agreement.
- High Court proceedings alleging breach of contract on the part of a logistics company’s bank in relation to its loan facilities.
- High Court proceedings seeking rescission of a share sale agreement or damages based on pre-contract misrepresentations.
- A claim against a company in liquidation for the return of goods alleged to be held on a purpose trust by the company for the claimants.
- County Court proceedings claiming the return of property and cash held alleged to be held on trust for the claimant including interim freezing order.
- Defending High Court proceedings against members of a Football Club constituted as an unincorporated association in relation to claims for repayment of loans made to the club and security over the club’s land involving issues of authority, allegations of fraud, issues as to the priority of equitable charges and a contested application to sell the club’s land to a third party developer..
- A claim against solicitors for mis-handling litigation on behalf of a football club.
- High Court proceedings relating to failed film finance tax avoidance schemes involving allegations of professional negligence and misrepresentation against financial advisors and tax advisors. The proceedings were settled at mediation with the Claimants receiving all of their costs and over 80% of their claims.
- High Court proceedings involving a dispute between shareholders as to the beneficial ownership of the shares and allegations of misappropriation of company funds including cross applications for interim injunctive remedies preserving company assets and intellectual property.
- High Court proceedings against a well known fitness brand claiming the release of warranty retentions under a share sale agreement.
- A County Court claim for an account of profits on Attorney General v Blake principles following continued occupation of commercial premises after the expiry of a licence.
- A 4 day hearing in the First Tier Property Tribunal defending an application to alter the register and/or for adverse possession.
- High Court proceedings to discharge a freezing order granted 15 years ago.