Anne is a highly experienced trial advocate.
Acting for both the prosecution and defence, her practice ranges across the whole spectrum of criminal law and covers cases of serious violence, sexual offences, drugs and fraud. Anne has particular expertise in trials involving both defendants and witnesses with any form of disability, especially those with learning difficulties or mental health issues. Anne regularly appears in the Court of Appeal.
Recent cases include:
• Defending in a high profile rape case from 1983 against Queen’s Counsel in the Court of Appeal, where the conviction was quashed, and the subsequent re-trial where the defendant was acquitted.
• Successfully defending a senior non-commissioned officer accused of neglect of duty resulting in the death of a US soldier in Afghanistan.
• Currently defending in a case where a defendant with acute mental health problems is accused of stabbing a police officer with intent to do her grievous bodily harm.
• Currently defending in a case of alleged historic sexual abuse where there is expert evidence concerning confabulation and recovered memory syndrome.
• Junior Counsel in a successful murder prosecution, where the primary witness had severe mental health difficulties and a complete memory loss and there was no direct supporting evidence.
• Currently Junior Counsel prosecuting in a complex, multi-handed sexual exploitation case with allegations of child trafficking, rape and controlling child prostitution.
I felt totally supported by Anne and completely confident in her skills as a barrister. Anne was extremely professional throughout the whole process with her knowledge and calm approach I felt that somehow the outcome would be fair. On behalf of my family and myself I would like to thank Anne and pump court chambers for all you have done to make our lives complete again.
Anne also defends senior and junior ranked military personnel in Court Martial hearings, covering a range of violent, sexual, drug and fraud offences and Service offences.
- Recorder Northern Circuit
- Legal Assessor at the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- Legal Assessor at the Health & Care Professions Tribunal Service (HCPTS)
- Courts Martial
- Public Access and Direct Access
- MA (Oxon) Jurisprudence 1998
- Called to the State Bar of New York on 27th June 2006
- Criminal Bar Association
- Forensic Science Society
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)