We require a Paralegal to be based at our London Chambers. We are recruiting a paralegal for a minimum of 6 months to assist in the development of civil, employment and family law work for chambers' direct access members and to support members of chambers generally with their practices.
Duties will include; legal research, drafting (especially chronologies, indexes, witness statements, pleadings and occasionally opinions) receiving and answering enquiries from lay clients, arranging interviews with barristers, writing material for social media and the chambers website and general litigation support.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Legal research
- Note taking in hearings / conferences
- Receiving and answering enquiries from lay clients
- Writing material for social media and the chambers website and general litigation support.
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Ensuring compliance with file management
- Supporting barristers in managing case loads
- Bundle preparation
Key Skills Required:
Essential requirements for this role:
- The successful candidate must demonstrate passion and experience in a broad range of Civil and Family Law, previous experience in employment law in particular would be helpful but is not essential.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a strong academic background with a Law degree and BPTC/LPC
- Excellent people skills and communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook
- Have initiative and be organised
Applicants will be expected to provide a sample of written work.
Applications by CV by 16th April 2018
For further details please contact Tara Lyons via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 02073530711